One Little Remote 'How do I?'
Menu setting left out of the manual
One last thing you need to set on your camera is under the "Camera" menu. Make sure the "Auto Exposure" option is set to "Manual Trigger".
Update to the latest firmware if you have a Metabones Speedbooster
I have tested the remote with the metabones speedbooster and it works. However, there different models so I cannot guarantee it will work with all of them. I had an instance where focus was not working on a speedbooster but this was fixed by updating the firmware on that particular speedbooster.
How do I update the One Little Remote firmware?
To update the firmware you will need:
- a micro usb cable to attach your remote to your computer,
- power for the remote,
- the latest firmware (see below), and
- the Teensy loader program.
1) Install the Teensy loader onto your computer following the instructions at the Teensy loader link above.
2) Download the latest One Little Remote firmware.
One Little Remote firmware 3-0-3 This is for One Little Remote V3 only (the one with 4 buttons and a dial). The firmware is a HEX file that is zipped so you will need a program to decompress it.Download firmware 3-0-3
3) Take the top cover off your remote as per the picture to the left (the top cover is when the dial is on the right).
4) Start the Teensy loader application on your computer.
5) Attach your remote to your computer with your usb cable and plug the DC power cable into the remote using the adaptor provided with the remote.
6) Unzip the firmware HEX file onto your computer.
7) In the Teensy loader program, choose the FILE > OPEN HEX FILE menu options and browse to select the HEX file.
8) In the Teensy loader program, choose OPERATION > AUTOMATIC MODE.
9) Press the program button inside your One Little Remote as per the diagram above. A "Programming" window should pop up on your computer screen for a brief moment.
10) Unplug the power from the remote and plug remote into your camera. After about 5 seconds the remote should flash four times to indicate it has started.
Job done! You can put the cover back on.
How do I use the One Little Remote V3?
The user manual for version 3 of the One Little Remote can be downloaded below.
How do I use the mobile app?
The mobile app can be downloaded from iTunes or the Google Play store. You just need to search for One Little Remote.
Quick button reference
The following is a pdf with a table showing all the button functions on the remote and includes a small version you can print out and affix to the remote.